YMCA BC is a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community.
The YMCA is committed to strengthening the foundations of community by:
- Helping children and families thrive
- Promoting healthy living
- Fostering belonging and connection.
We are building a community in which a generation of children and families reach their full potential.
- Do the right thing: We are caring, respectful, honest and responsible in all we do.
- Put people first: We believe in each other—our strengths, perspectives and passion.
- Keep our promises: We do what we say we will do.
- Lead by example: We are courageous, speak with conviction, listen attentively and collaborate.
Helping people reach their potential.
As one of BC's largest operational charity, the Y provides vital community services that are having a positive impact on some of the community's most pressing social issues.
We serve 120,000 children, youth, adults and seniors each year.
- 50,027 members physically active in four centres of community.
- 3,304 children cared for in our Early Learning Centres and YMCA Kids Clubs.
- 1,925 people learned employment skills to find and retain jobs or start a new business.
- 5,966 children and teens made memories of a lifetime at YMCA outdoor and day camps
- 38,819 people made friends and gained connections to community through social and community events.
- Received $5,269,696 in capital donations and $6,485,433 in annual donations.
- $2,004,514 in direct financial assistance to 10,750+ people.
- 1,645 dedicated employees.
- 222 program sites.
- 290 community partners.
We serve people of all ages:
- 11,993 (children 0-5)
- 21,343 (children 6-12)
- 8,639 teens
- 17,786 young adults
- 31,303 adults
- 5,691 older adults
- 4,980 seniors.